Budapest Market Tour and Hungarian Cooking Class
95 EURO per person for a group of 6
75 EURO per person for a group of 20
(Contact us for a bespoke quote for your group)
Start your day off as the locals do - shopping at the market for the day's big meal. A professional chef will guide you through the beautiful indoor Market Hall to buy some ingredients for class.
After the guided market tour you will head to the cooking studio to learn the basics of Hungarian cuisine. This hands-on course gives you the opportunity to cook side-by-side with professional chefs who will teach you about basic ingredients and spices, like Paprika, used in Hungarian cooking and they will give you tips on local cooking secrets so you can wow your family and friends with a fantastic Hungarian dinner. After cooking away all morning you get to eat what you prepared for lunch.
What is included in the price?
- An experienced, English-speaking, local Budapest guide who will meet you at your hotel
- Taxi transfers from your hotel (city centre) to the market, to cooking school and back to your hotel
- A guided shopping tour of Budapest's Indoor Market Hall with a professional chef
- All ingredients needed for cooking and an apron
- A modern cooking studio equipped with all the necessary cooking utensils
- Softdrinks during class
- A full three-course meal
- Take-home recipes
- One bottle fine Hungarian wine
- One Culinaria Hungary cookbook
- One souvenir apron
- Pricing is available for any group size, contact us for your tailored quote.
- 9 am start with market tour
- 10:00 - arrival at cooking school, introduction about Hungarian cooking and recipes for the day
- 10:30-12:30 Preparing lunch, three-course meal, fully interactive cooking with helpful explanations and tips from chefs
- 12:30 - Lunch! Eat what you prepared, relax and enjoy!
- The menu
- Creamy sour cherry soup or Creamy potato soup with sausag
- Chicken paprikás with "nokedli" (home made dumplings) or Mushroom paprikash with nokedli or Hortobágyi palacsinta (crepes filled with shredded meat in paprika sauce)
- Somlói galuska (sponge cake with chocolate sauce, vanilla custard and whipped cream) or palacsinta (Hungarian crepes) or Túrógombóc (sweet curd cheese balls)
- Special requests can also be made, send us your ideal menu
- Vegetarian options available too
- You do not need to bring anything with you, just wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Perfect activity for corporate incentive weekends and girlfriend getaways!
- Contact us via email or call us on (Hungarian phone number) +36 1 336 1917 to book the cooking class or if you have more questions.